When it comes to choosing the best Medical Transcription training program for oneself, it can be a very confusing a frustrating experience. We want to prove we have the best training program for you:
- A growing career field – We work closely with hundreds of medical transcription employers and our partners have more entry-level openings than qualified applicants. With Career Step training, you’ll have the skills needed for all of those openings.
- Flexible work schedules – Many medical transcriptionists choose their schedules, so you’ll have the freedom to work when it fits your life.
- Great income and benefits – Medical transcriptionists earn $34,050 a year** on average and most are paid on production, which means that the more you work the more you can make.
It is vitally important to be informed!
Be sure to request information from more than one school in order to compare which program is best for you.
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer
More Local Medical Transcription Training
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Health Information Management - Associate's
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- BS in Health Information Management
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Health Information Technology
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
- MBA in Healthcare
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Health Services Administration
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Business Administration: Healthcare Management
Looking for an alternative location? Use our in-depth search tool below to help you find the best school for your new career. Our database includes over 3000 ground schools or campuses, as well as thousands of online training. This helps you ensure you find a rewarding education.
How do you know what a quality program and school looks like? There are so many advertisements out there and they all look great and promise great things. One of the things we really don’t want to do is to pick a school that, when we go looking for that first job, turns out not to be one that the transcription employers look favorably on!
So how to choose?
Here are some guidelines you can use to help ensure you are picking the right training program for yourself. These guidelines are recommended by the Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI):
1. The program should be taught by qualified instructors who are credentialed experts in their respective fields.
2. The program should employ certified medical transcriptionists to teach medical transcription practice courses.
The experienced pros will be able to give you all kinds of assistance and show you tips and tricks that someone who has merely studied cannot.
3. The program should indicate the number of classroom hours students actually perform medical transcription.
4. The program should indicate the number of minutes of actual physician dictation used for practice (The Model Curriculum recommends 30 dictated hours of actual physician dictation.)
It is all right to start out with dictation not done by physicians for getting a feel for it, but you MUST have actual physician-dictated material to work with, or you will be lost when you get in the real world!
5. Will the school provide names and addresses of former students as references?
Contact them. Find out what they liked, and didn’t like.
6. Does the school have an advisory board? Does it include certified medical transcriptionists?
7. The program should indicate length of externship or on-the-job experience available (The Model Curriculum recommends 10 dictated hours of authentic physician dictation, for a total of 40 dictated hours during the training program.)
8. It should include relevant publications among its educational materials.
9. The school should use the AAMT Book of Style for Medical Transcription, 2nd edition in its training curriculum.
10. The program should be based on The Model Curriculum for Medical Transcription*, 3rd edition, published by AHDI, which recommends courses in the following:
* English grammar and punctuation
* Medical language
* Anatomy and physiology
* Disease processes
* Pharmacology and laboratory medicine
* Transcription technology
* Medical transcription practice
* Healthcare records
11. Privacy, ethics, and other medicolegal issues
12. Lastly, the school should offer job placement assistance.
This can be invaluable! What a relief to know that the school, with all its business contacts, is in your corner helping you find that all-important first job!
About The Author:
Pam Lyon is the author of “Inside Medical Transcription” — the real truth about the life of a medical transcriptionist. Pam is a 30-year veteran of the Transcription business, and has seen it all. If you are thinking about a career in Medical Transcription, you need this book! Visit => insidemedicaltranscription.com