When it comes to choosing the best Medical Transcription training program for oneself, it can be a very confusing a frustrating experience. We want to prove we have the best training program for you:
- A growing career field – We work closely with hundreds of medical transcription employers and our partners have more entry-level openings than qualified applicants. With Career Step training, you’ll have the skills needed for all of those openings.
- Flexible work schedules – Many medical transcriptionists choose their schedules, so you’ll have the freedom to work when it fits your life.
- Great income and benefits – Medical transcriptionists earn $34,050 a year** on average and most are paid on production, which means that the more you work the more you can make.
It is vitally important to be informed!
Be sure to request information from more than one school in order to compare which program is best for you.
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer
More Local Medical Transcription Training
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Ranked one of the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs in 2014 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Offers a no-obligation, 3-week trial period where students may determine if the university is right for them before they commit to it.
- Strives to be a student’s partner in lifelong learning; committed to helping them achieve their goals.
- Serves students of all ages, from first-graders learning to read to professionals seeking postgraduate training.
- Provides career-oriented diploma through master’s programs in fields such as healthcare, business, legal and paralegal services, information technology, criminal justice and design.
- Master of Health Informatics
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- Program options include Accounting, Business Administration, Leadership, and more.
- Curriculum focuses on developing leadership, critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Programmatic accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) at select campuses.
- Business programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Healthcare Administration (MBA)
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Healthcare Administration - Bachelor's
- Health Information Management - Associate's
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Electronic Health Records - Associate of Occupational Science
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C., the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities. Established in 1997, the Milken Institute SPH brings together the fields of medicine, business and education to develop professionals with the skills and knowledge to tackle complex global health challenges.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
Looking for an alternative location? Use our in-depth search tool below to help you find the best school for your new career. Our database includes over 3000 ground schools or campuses, as well as thousands of online training. This helps you ensure you find a rewarding education.
How do you know what a quality program and school looks like? There are so many advertisements out there and they all look great and promise great things. One of the things we really don’t want to do is to pick a school that, when we go looking for that first job, turns out not to be one that the transcription employers look favorably on!
So how to choose?
Here are some guidelines you can use to help ensure you are picking the right training program for yourself. These guidelines are recommended by the Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI):
1. The program should be taught by qualified instructors who are credentialed experts in their respective fields.
2. The program should employ certified medical transcriptionists to teach medical transcription practice courses.
The experienced pros will be able to give you all kinds of assistance and show you tips and tricks that someone who has merely studied cannot.
3. The program should indicate the number of classroom hours students actually perform medical transcription.
4. The program should indicate the number of minutes of actual physician dictation used for practice (The Model Curriculum recommends 30 dictated hours of actual physician dictation.)
It is all right to start out with dictation not done by physicians for getting a feel for it, but you MUST have actual physician-dictated material to work with, or you will be lost when you get in the real world!
5. Will the school provide names and addresses of former students as references?
Contact them. Find out what they liked, and didn’t like.
6. Does the school have an advisory board? Does it include certified medical transcriptionists?
7. The program should indicate length of externship or on-the-job experience available (The Model Curriculum recommends 10 dictated hours of authentic physician dictation, for a total of 40 dictated hours during the training program.)
8. It should include relevant publications among its educational materials.
9. The school should use the AAMT Book of Style for Medical Transcription, 2nd edition in its training curriculum.
10. The program should be based on The Model Curriculum for Medical Transcription*, 3rd edition, published by AHDI, which recommends courses in the following:
* English grammar and punctuation
* Medical language
* Anatomy and physiology
* Disease processes
* Pharmacology and laboratory medicine
* Transcription technology
* Medical transcription practice
* Healthcare records
11. Privacy, ethics, and other medicolegal issues
12. Lastly, the school should offer job placement assistance.
This can be invaluable! What a relief to know that the school, with all its business contacts, is in your corner helping you find that all-important first job!
About The Author:
Pam Lyon is the author of “Inside Medical Transcription” — the real truth about the life of a medical transcriptionist. Pam is a 30-year veteran of the Transcription business, and has seen it all. If you are thinking about a career in Medical Transcription, you need this book! Visit => insidemedicaltranscription.com